Co‐financed by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union and Greek national funds through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, under the call RESEARCH – CREATE – INNOVATE (project code:T1EDK-02890).
About the Project
The goal of the e-Prevention project is to develop innovative and advanced remote electronic services for medical support that will facilitate effective treatment monitoring and relapse prevention in patients with psychotic disorders (i.e., bipolar disorder and schizophrenia).
e-Prevention will develop a novel intelligent system which will offer the possibility for timely diagnosis of psychotic symptom’s relapses and adverse medicine side effects by combining:
- long-term continuous recordings of biometric indexes through simple wearable sensors (i.e., smartwatches),
- a portable device (tablet) that is used to record short-term audio-visual videos of the patient while communicating with the clinical personnel on weekly basis,
- parallel studies, medical diagnosis and decisions taken by the psychiatric research group, and
- development of an intelligent data processing and recognition system, which will be based on Cloud computing and processing of large-scale (big) data, providing statistical measurements, detections and estimates of changes and patterns that will facilitate the prediction of clinical symptoms and side effects of the patient’s medication.
- WP1: Data collection from healthy volunteers and patients. Patient Monitoring-Treatment. Model Evaluation
- WP2: Monitoring sensors and cloud computing infrastructure
- WP3: Multimodal data processing for recognition of changes and trends
- WP4: Development of the integrated e-Prevention System
- WP5: Commercial exploitation of results
Areas / Keywords
Psychotic relapse, prevention of psychotic episode, antipsychotic medication, mood stabilized induced tremor, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder.
Signal processing, pattern recognition and machine learning, computer vision and image processing, multimodal human-computer interaction, multi-sensory processing, parallel and distributed processing, cloud systems/computer architecture, biomedical information systems.
National Technical University of Athens School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Intelligent Robotics and Automation Laboratory (IRAL) P.I. & Scientific Director: Prof. Petros Maragos (NTUA)Team Prof. Panagiotis Tsanakas Prof. Ilias Maglogiannis (Dept. of Digital Systems, Univ. of Piraeus) Assoc. Prof Gerasimos Potamianos (Dept. of ECE, Univ. of Thessaly) Dr. Athanasia Zlatintsi Dr. Georgios Retsinas Dr. Andreas Menychtas Dr. Dimitra Georgiou Niki Efthymiou Panagiotis-Paraskevas Filntisis Dionisis Papadimatos Melina Tziomaka Dr. Vrettos Moulos
National Technical University of Athens Neuroscience and Medical Accuracy Mental Health Research Institute P. I.: Prof Nikolaos Smyrnis (School of Medicine, National Kapodistrian Univ. Athens)Team Dr. Thomas Karantinos Vasia Garyfalli, MD Manolis Kalisperakis, MD Makis Mantas, MD Marina Lazaridi
Blockachain Blockachain, a custom software engineering company, operating as a full-service software development company. Blockachain exploits modern design principles, along with the latest blockchain, cloud, mobile and desktop technologies to deliver software of best-in-class performance at affordable prices. P. I.: Thomas SounapoglouTeam Athanasios Gkoumas Evaggelia Mpogiatzi Gianna Papaplioura Kostas Romanidis
- Person Identification Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks On Short-term Signals From Wearable Sensors, ICASSP-2020
- An intelligent cloud-based platform for effective monitoring of patients with psychotic disorders, AIAI-2020
- Wearable-based Long-term Digital Phenotyping and Relevant Markers Identification in Patients with Mental Disorders, JBHI-2021 (Under review)
- Physical activity and autonomic function patterns between psychotic patients and controls over longitudinal wearable sensors recording, ICHI-2021 (Submitted)
- Advances in Morphological Neural Networks: Training, Pruning and Enforcing Shape Constraints, ICASSP-2021
- Sparsity in Max-Plus Algebra and Applications in Multivariate Convex, ICASSP 2021
- Tropical Modeling Of Weighted Transducer Algorithms On Graphs, ICASSP-2019